Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Clelian Heights Day 2

Reflecting our our first day.
Comments/Reflections on our first day of service:

From a CJ student helping in the sheltered workshop: I saw a girl show her mom her paycheck and I was surprised by how what a machine can do in two minutes could bring someone else so much joy.

From a CJ student helping in the school: I am grateful for the ability to communicate. It seems so simple. But when I'm happy or angry I can just say so!

From a CJ student helping in the sheltered workshop: There's a real sense of community here. I see it in the attention the clients pay to one another. They know each other's birthdays. Thu are concerned when someone else is sad.

From a CJ student helping in the school program: I'm grateful to have people in my life to love and care for me. And to be educated in a place where I can be myself.

Another CJ student said: Today was a great day. I got a lot of hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment